Dog Bite Injury Claims

New Jersey, like other states, has detailed laws governing the keeping of cats, dogs and other animals. If you or your child have been bitten or mauled by an animal, you should report it to the police. Depending on the seriousness of an animal attack, the person who was bitten may need:

  • Medical care to prevent or treat infection
  • Immediate care of the wound
  • Plastic surgery now or later
  • Physical therapy if tendons or nerves were damaged
  • Psychological treatment to prevent or mitigate post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological and social guidance in the case of ostracizing

Regardless of whether the responsible party (the owner of the dog, cat or exotic animal) faces criminal charges, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Homeowner’s insurance is a likely source.

Schedule A Free Consultation

Get legal help now. Call the Law Offices Of Nelson, Fromer, Crocco & Jordan at 732-774-6443 or complete our online form.